Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bishop Shorter


Well it happened a little sooner than we all expected. Dad was called as bishop - and he's not even retired! We all figured since he still travels for work so much that there was no way he'd be called to such a demanding position. We were wrong!

The phisod continues...
I went to church with Mom and Dad last week. Dad conducted Sacrament Meeting for the first time since being called. I've seen him in the bishopric before, and even in a couple of stake presidencies and it's all the same... He's very serious and everyone thinks he's proper and solemn all the time.

Surprise! He's like everyone else. He jokes and laughs and gets mad at people. He burps and farts and blames it on others. He looks like the Little Cesar's chicken truck driver when he gets up in the morning. When he "watches" TV, he flips through the channels so that others don't really get to watch anything.

There are many stories that Mom, Chad, Clay and I could share, but I guess we'll spare him a bit. And I guess we're all the same in that when we're in a position of responsibility, we often seem serious and solemn too. But Bishop Shorter is just a normal guy - and we love him for it.

Good luck Dad!

1 comments:

shortino said...

Those are some outrageous allegations! Dad's the most prim and proper upstanding individual around.