
So you're probably wondering why I'd buy 3 Incredible Hulk backpacks... well they were $2 and change each. The other 2 backpacks were about $7 each. They are going to be used for our 72-hour kits.
About a week and a half ago we lost power for a couple of hours. It wasn't any big deal because we easily found our flashlights to then go in the basement and get a lantern. But as I was digging through different "emergency" and camping gear I realized that if we had to get out of dodge in a matter of minutes, we'd be up a creek. So I committed then that I'd make all efforts to put together WORKING 72-hour kits for each person. Not a family kit, but for EACH person in our family.
To begin I knew we'd need something to put our gear in. Luckily Target has great deals on their Back-to-School stuff that they want to get rid of. They still had lots of Hannah Montana and other Disney things, but luckily I stumbled across the Hulk backpacks too. I had debated whether to use backpacks or some cheap rolling luggage. I concluded to go with backpacks because I figure it's easier for each person to strap it on and go. Plus, you can't always roll your luggage!
This weekend is General Conference. It has been recommended that every GC the family gets out their kits and rotates clothing and items that need to be replaced. We're going to "gear up" this weekend and then make that our family tradition.







1 comments:
Ha! We are doing the same thing this weekend. The kids were complaining about it until I told them they could eat all of the "old" stuff - granola bars, ramen noodles, and hot chocolate! Now they are ALL excited...hey whatever it takes :)
Post a Comment