Monday, October 20, 2008

A Saturday of Priming

I decided that I had waited long enough and that our bedroom needed some TLC. We've lived in the house for more than a year and the walls are still bare in the MBR. When we moved in, both Jake and I really didn't like the color. (See below.) But it has taken me this long to muster up the gumption to do it.

Because the walls are such a dark color - and we want to make them light, I had to prime first. The ceiling was also so graciously painted to match the walls. That meant I had to focus a lot of attention on it too. Instead of the normal 1 coat of primer, I put 2 coats on both the ceiling and walls. We've decided to paint the ceiling white again and the walls a VERY pale green.

BEFORE


DURING



Notice the drastic difference between the two colors. I still have to trim the room out - that will happen next weekend.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Let there be light!! It looks bigger and brighter already!! What color are you going for?

Shanan said...

A very pale green. It's called Homestead Spa Green, or something like that.

Brooke said...

It looks great!