Saturday, October 11, 2008

projects


I've been busy taking care of projects around the house lately. Recently I acquired the colorful drawers to the left of my desk to house my papers. They used to be filed, but I had too much and the filing box got too small. Eventually I would like to have a filing cabinet or other form of filing furniture, but for now drawers will do - as long as little hands don't think it'll be fun to pull everything out.


I also added the hooks to the wall to display my punches and also hang my scissors. Now they're not taking up drawer space and they're easily accessible.


This is my latest brainstorm... We didn't have a toilet paper holder on the wall in the 1/2 bath because Brad pulled it off last year. We've really needed one, but I didn't want to just put a plain and boring one up. So I found this box on clearance at Homegoods (my favorite store!) Because that bathroom is decorated with chickens, I felt the rooster fit right in. I added the hooks (that I spray painted) and the little tp bar (that I got at another one of my favorite stores, Country Treasure). Because we have a pedistal sink, we don't have any storage in the bathroom. This box provides a place to house new tp rolls.


Because of the depth of the box, I couldn't place it beside the toilet where most tp rolls are found. Instead I mounted it behind the toilet. So you have to twist a bit to reach the toilet paper - it's worth it to see the clever box set up!

3 comments:

The aMAYSing Family said...

I love it! That looks great! Don't you love it when a cool idea comes together :)

Tulsi said...

What a great idea for the toilet paper rolls. I bet my youngest daughter would think it a great accent for her bathroom. I have a house with a scrapbook room finally and it isn't put together. I love when someone shares their room. It gives me ideas!!! I love meeting LDS people on blogs, too. Even living in Utah. At EFY a guy from Alabama was in tears thanking the girls for dressing modestly. My son didn't realize that it wasn't the norm and that it was important for his new friend. He then sent texts to his friend girls thanking them. It was kind of a cool experience.

Tulsi said...

I also noticed on your other blog that you have a Stampin' Up button. I went to high school with Shelli and Vonna who founded this company. I don't know if you've met them in person, but they are great. I see Vonna at class reunions and nothing has gone to her head even if she sold most of her part of the Co. to Shelli. I guess she is known as LaVonne, but I just can't call her that. To weird.