Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk-or-Treat


Wednesday was Trunk-or-Treat at church. The youth and primary presidency put on a carnival (which was really nice) with a cupcake walk, a couple of toss games, face painting, coloring, etc. There was even an area for family pictures where a brother in our ward did it all digitally. I guess we'll get links soon.

Brad and Wyatt both wanted to be vampires (not the nice kind like Edward!) Brad was the only one that would let me put makeup on him. I have to say, for minimalist makeup, it
looks pretty good. I think that both of them preferred the liquid blood, but all we had was the red paint stuff.

I love Halloween because I get to dress up too. 2 years ago I was a witch, last year I went punk and this year it was goth. I think next year will be more along the lines of some kind of fairy. By the way, it was the first time I had ever attempted fake lashes - and I kinda liked it.

Travis started out as the Mad Scientist, but didn't quite look like it when I was done. He looked more like Einstein, so we decided he'd be Baby Einstein. Everyone commented on his white hair - it was quite cute since he's only 2.

And Jake wasn't very festive - he doesn't do costumes! Where's the fun in that???

6 comments:

teresa said...

Yeah Jacke...where'e the fun in that! Everyone looked great..Loved Travis' hair.. Have fun tomorrow night!

teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teresa said...

One of these days I'm going to learn to slow down and proof my comments BEFORE I hit the button...yes, I can spell..just can't type!

The aMAYSing Family said...

I thought you guys looked cute. I would have loved to dress up but I always save it for the last minute. I barely got my kids dressed and out the door. In the car I said "who wants to go back home and sit on the couch, watch TV and I'll pass out the candy that we are bringing" LOL...I really didnt want to be in the cold.

Tulsi said...

I think it is so cool that you dress up. I'm not that cool. Brie still dresses up and is dressing her reluctant husband up. As Pirates is her favorite movie still, they are going as pirates.

Dzmura Family said...

SO CUTE!! Did you color your hair??? Love it! Wish we could go trick-or-treating together... :( We're getting ready to go...I've got Joker, a pink poodle and an Asian Princess.