Thursday, October 23, 2008

Husband Tag

I was tagged by my friend, Hannah. So I'm responding to it all and passing it along.
Here's to you, Jake!

Where did you meet your husband?
At a stake youth volleyball tournament when we were Seniors.

How long did you date before you were married?
We started dating November 24, 1994 and weren't married until April 29, 1999. But we also had a 2 year mission stuck in there, so for 2 years we weren't even in the same country!!! I'd say we dated a good 2 1/2 years before we were married.

How long have you been married?
Almost 10 years.

What does he do that surprises you?
He cleans up the kitchen - puts the clutter on the counters away, wipes down the counters, puts leftover food in the fridge, etc. He just doesn't do dishes - or put them in the dishwasher. I love those surprises!!!

What is your favorite feature of his?
His lanky body.

What is your favorite quality he has?
His calm nature. I'm very high-strung and he can bring it all back down to earth.

Does he have a nickname for you?
Yup, it's Babytins.

What is his favorite food?
He's a big steak and potatoes guy. I'd say his favorite food is any good homecooked meal.

What is his favorite sport?
To play; it's probably a tie between baseball and basketball. To watch; it's football.

When and where was your first kiss?
Our 2nd date in the doorway of his parents' den. We had just watched 3 Musketeers and our friends had already left the house to go to their cars. He was wearing jeans and his BYU sweatshirt. (sigh!)

What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
We like to watch our shows together after the kids are in bed. I like it when we can get stuff done around the house and help each other out doing it. I also like when we go to Lowes and window shop!!!

Do you have children?
Yes, 3 boys ages 7, 5, and 2.

Does he have any hidden talents?
I don't know about hidden... I'd say that his greatest talent is his ability to get along with anyone.

How old is he?
31

Who said I love you first?
He did.

What's his favorite kind of music?
Classic rock, country and bluegrass.

What do you admire most about him?
The way he works so well with teenagers. He just has a knack and I am in awe of him when I watch him in action.

Will he read this?
Yes

Who do you tag?
Kim, Ginnie, Jessica, Dorian, Lori, Brooke

2 comments:

teresa said...

Enjoyed the little tidbits of info that I didn't know about Jake...yes, he's a pretty good guy. (I MAY be a little bias) Love you Jacob..

LostinPlaceKim said...

is that kim me? I never know ... Nothing like having a 100% common name :)