It was definitely a day of labor... around the house. We all slept in a little, but got to work shortly after breakfast. I was cleaning out the pantry and a couple of cabinets, and Jake was cleaning out the storage room when the doorbell rang. It was about 9:15am, we thought it was a neighborhood kid coming to see if the boys could play. Brad went to get the door and was surprised to see Nana and PawPaw. So not only did we get some cleaning around the house done, we got to visit with family too.
One of the projects we did was remove the broken storm door. The frame was bent and cracked after one of last winter's wind storms. It was a pain because we always had to lock it for it to stay shut. Plus, it didn't go all the way to the floor, so bugs could get in. We never used it, so I didn't see any point in keeping it on.
One of the projects we did was remove the broken storm door. The frame was bent and cracked after one of last winter's wind storms. It was a pain because we always had to lock it for it to stay shut. Plus, it didn't go all the way to the floor, so bugs could get in. We never used it, so I didn't see any point in keeping it on.

Notice the nail holes that I get to fill. The frame needs some TLC, so I'll putty the holes and then give it a fresh coat of paint once it's been scrubbed.
Maybe we can get a new front door some day in the future (but probably not in the near future due to many other projects!)







2 comments:
Thanks for letting us visit without the benefit of even a phone call first!! We loved seeing the surprise on the boys faces...we enjoyed playing with the them and visiting.
Good job on the door. Dont you love when something turns out nice? We also did some manual labor on Labor Day but I didnt finish any of my projects :) oh well one day!
Post a Comment