Thursday, August 07, 2008

Precious Baby

My boys can be so funny. Of course they don't have dolls - because they're boys and that is just not kosher with daddy's of small boys. So Brad, Wyatt and Travis treat their stuffed animals as "babies". Now don't get me wrong, we've tried more masculine-type dolls, but it didn't really work out. The poor little boy doll ended up naked all of the time because the boys thought it was funnier to have it's pants somewhere else in the house. Needless to say I think it's more modest that we only have stuffed animals.


With that said, the boys will play "house" now and again. Especially since we have a kitchen set, it's easier to set things up to be like house - except that there are no girls to play with - but that doesn't seem to bother them.

One of the favorite stuffed animals is the "Hop on Pop" figure from the Dr Seuss book. We just call him Pop. Travis likes him because he's a good size to carry around. So yesterday I swaddled Pop up in Travis' blanket. Travis thought it was so cute that he carried Pop around lovingly. We went out on the front porch to wait for Daddy to come home. Travis immediately sat in his rocking chair to rock Pop to "sleep".


Jake shook his head when he got home. It's a good thing Travis didn't catch on that daddy thought it was silly. Personally I thought it was quite precious!

2 comments:

teresa said...

Jacob is my son, and I love him dearly, but he 'needs to get a life"! there is nothing wrong with a little TLC towards a cuddly animal! How else are you going to learn how to be a good Daddy! (Jacob, you know deep down you thought that was cute!)

Kim said...

I'm so glad to see that you are getting some good use out of the rocking chairs. I love the cuddling of the bears!! NOTHING WRONG WITH IT JACOB!!! A guy is allowed to have his sensitive side....girls dig it!! Love and miss you guys!!