Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hotel Roanoke

Each year the Hotel Roanoke has local businesses showcase a tree. There are usually 30 or so trees to walk around and see. It's really neat to see the decor that each business uses. These are a few of my favorites this year.


I liked that they used feather boas as their garland on this tree. It gives it a light and airy kinda feel.

This was just gorgeous. I love that all of the red and green coordinated. It was all stars, flowers and bugs. You can see the bugs better below - all were made of metal. I can't remember what the name of the store was that sponsored this one, but it definitely fit their image.




This was gorgeous. I loved the old world feel it gave. Instead of featuring the tree alone, they had the wooden trunk to the side. I love how old it all feels. And notice the lanterns in the tree? I love it. Maybe one day (when I don't have little hands to pull things down) I'll do something like that! Below is a close up of the lantern in the tree.



And here are the boys standing by their favorite tree. It is pictured below.


I love the turquoise and green. It was great with all kinds of gifts and lava lamps and other fun turquoise and green things. It was a very showy tree.


I mainly took this picture because it features the picks of greenery and such coming out of the tree. That seemed to be a popular thing this year. If you look back at some of the other trees, their toppers were more of an array of greenery or ornamentation done in picks sticking out the top. This one did it all over and definitely did everything BIG. Check out the big pink balls under it.

0 comments: