Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Adventures of Christmas

Of course a trip to see family isn't complete without little hitches and funnies. Of course I left the house without extra diapers (because I had a pack waiting for us at Mom and Dad's, but forgot to put an extra one or two in the van). Travis got to sport a cloth diaper (which I'm not good at putting one on) for a bit until he soaked it and then got to wear the extra pair of underwear we keep in the van.

Christmas day was great. Everyone had a great time opening gifts and spending time with extended family. But once Grandma & Grandpa Bohon and Derek & Shannon and their kids left, Travis was really clingy and acted like he was going to fall asleep. All of the little tykes took good naps before more people came, so it was kinda weird that he'd be tired. I told him he needed a bath and picked him up to go and he barfed all over me. Well no wonder he wasn't acting himself!

Luckily it was only 2 more times of the barfaroo and then he started to look and feel better. He slept a lot on the 26th, but was great by the evening when we headed to Nana & PawPaw's house.

We went to downtown Roanoke to Hotel Roanoke to look at the trees. They always have a display of trees that are sponsored by businesses in the area. Each business creates their own themed tree. There were some gorgeous ones this year that I took pictures of. They're in the previous post.

Thankfully there were no other issues on the trip. We got home safe and sound and the kids drove us crazy until bed time. But there are some things I'll do differently next year...
I think I'm going to talk to Santa about the number of gifts the boys get. From now on I think each boy should only get 1 gift and a stocking full of goodies. That way it's not overwhelming. And then maybe I can narrow it down to 1 thing that each grandparent could give too. I'm tired of having a full van at the end of the holiday trip.

I guess we'll see how things go. I hope everyone else had a great holiday too! Now it's off to start the new year!

0 comments: