The boys went to school 2 hours late on Monday due to ice. So we decided to take advantage of the time and headed to the Christmas Tree farm. We had the whole farm to ourselves. Of course it had rained the night before, so everything was soggy, but it was still fun.
I was lame and didn't remember the camera! It didn't take us very long to pick our tree out. Jake insisted we get a stinkin' White Pine (I hate them because all of the ornaments fall off and they don't smell good), but we were trying to be frugal. So much for saving money... we our tree was still $36!
I was lame and didn't remember the camera! It didn't take us very long to pick our tree out. Jake insisted we get a stinkin' White Pine (I hate them because all of the ornaments fall off and they don't smell good), but we were trying to be frugal. So much for saving money... we our tree was still $36!

We decorated for Family Home Evening.
Each of the boys get new ornaments from me every year. I try to get them similar ornaments and things that they can take with them when they get married. I try to keep them classy looking too (like trains, cars, nutcrackers, etc) so that their wives won't want to just stick them in a box - but if they do, it won't hurt my feelings.
Each of the boys get new ornaments from me every year. I try to get them similar ornaments and things that they can take with them when they get married. I try to keep them classy looking too (like trains, cars, nutcrackers, etc) so that their wives won't want to just stick them in a box - but if they do, it won't hurt my feelings.


I have a couple of ornaments that I have collected through the years. They are more vintage looking or are wooden violins. (I don't often look for any more violins since I rarely pull my real one out from under the bed.)











1 comments:
I love the idea of creating a collection of ornaments for the boys to take. I should have thought of that. This year we just told Brie she could pick from the bunch we didn't use. Nice parents for their first Christmas. I'm sure they will purchase special ones and I won't feel guilty.
Post a Comment