Monday, July 21, 2008

Are kitchens for girls?


Our house is full of boy toys; cars, legos, balls and more cars. I feel for the little girls that come over to play because there aren't any babies or Barbies or anything like that. Well now there is!

Travis got a kitchen set for his birthday. I know that many of you are thinking that it was a stretch for Jake to allow a girly thing in a house of boys. It was! I was tired of not having something like that when my boys LOVE to play with kitchen sets. I tried to get one for Brad back in the day and was denied that opportunity. I tried again with Wyatt and that didn't work either. So for Travis, I just did it.

And guess who likes to play with it? All 3 of them. They were so excited to pick it up from the store and for us to put it together. They played all day Saturday and Travis plays with it ALL the time.



Notice the little oven mitt? Travis often gets in the drawer in the kitchen and gets MY oven mitts out and plays with them. Now he doesn't have to because he has his own!

4 comments:

teresa said...

The kitchen set looks so fun! Can't wait to bake some cookies with you Travis. You look like a little chef in the making...just need a chef hat.

Shorter family said...

I love it!! I told Clay the other day I wanted to get Maddie one for Christmas!

Granny Myers said...

Well, who makes the best chefs?
MEN .... Travis looks like he
is geally enjoying himself. That
is a nice kitchen to cook in.

shortino said...

Tell Travis to whip me up some eclair cake. I'll be waiting.