
One of the big attractions in Florence is the Duomo. We stood in line for a while to climb all 436 stairs to the top. Believe me when I say we felt the burn!!!
It was worth it though when we got to look over the city.

These 2 pictures are from the top of the dome looking out over the city.
Florence is a very compact city. It is overgrown by quite a bit. I'm amazed at how much they've crammed into its limits.


I fell in love with all of the different churches and their bell towers. We saw so many throughout our road trip. Here is one of the bell towers in Florence.

And of course a trip to Florence wouldn't be complete without seeing David. This is the replica found in Palazzo de Vecchio. Notice the graying color! I'm sure there's plenty of bird poo on it too. The original that is found in the Museo Academia is magnificent. It's bright white with just the slightest hints of wear and tear on his toes. I always knew he was large, but it's incredible.










0 comments:
Post a Comment