Thursday, February 14, 2008

Here we go...

How long have you been together?
Hmmm, our first date was November 24, 1994... so we're working on 13 years.

How long did you date?
Well we started dating our Senior years in high school... through the summer... our freshman years at college... through that summer, and then he left on his mission. But all resumed again when he got home and we were married 6 months later. So I guess we dated for 2 1/2 years because we didn't date while he was on his mission - duh!

How old is he?
He'll be 31 in May.

Who eats more?
P
robably me. I definitely eat more during the day - just because I'm home and can graze all day.

Who said, "I love you" first?
Jake did. In fact it's an ongoing joke because I wasn't ready to say those 3 important words until I was sure. So I'd say it with my fingers in the air making quotes - because I did care for him, I just didn't realize that's what love was - and I was scared of what it would mean.

Who is taller?
Jake

Who is smarter?
That depends on what you're referring to. We both have our strong points in many different areas!

Who does the laundry?
I do, but Jake DOES know how to use the washing machine.

Who does the dishes?
Finally the dishwasher does them!!! It's about time we got one!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
If you're standing at the foot of the bed, looking at it, I do!

Who pays the bills?
I do. I'm the magic-maker... I make money stretch in ways Jake probably couldn't imagine!

Who mows the lawn?
Jake won't let me - I don't do it right. Plus, that's his job. Fine by me... I'd rather sit in the air conditioned house watching him through the window!

Who cooks dinner?
Well... when anyone cooks it's me. But anyone that really knows me knows that I don't "cook". Sorry, can't say it's a fun thing for me. I love to eat, just not prepare it!

Who is more stubborn?
Gee! Of course it's me. Except Jake has his moments too!

Who kissed who first?
Jake kissed me on our 2nd date. We had watched 3 Musketeers with some friends at his parents' house. We hung back and in the doorway of the den he kissed me. I still remember that he was wearing his BYU sweatshirt. Ahhh!

Who asked who out?
Well, we met at a youth volleyball weekend. I gave him my phone number but never expected him to call long distance. I was surprised and thrilled when he called and asked me when I would be at Grandma and Grandpa's. He asked if he could pick me up and take me out. I was on cloud 9 for a long time.
He was pulled over for pushing the yellow light near Cave Spring High School. That was a bit embarrassing, but we lived through it. And he was a gentleman and didn't kiss me on the first date (it was a rule of his!)
Oh the memories...

Who proposed?
Jake did. We had been talking about marriage since Thanksgiving after he got home from his mission in October, so shopping for a ring was no surprise. But the way he did it and when he did it surprised me, even though I knew the ring was ready that day. I thought he would put it off to catch me off guard, but he didn't. We went to Salt Lake for dinner and a play (or so I thought). We often met up with some friends to go to plays, so I didn't think anything of it. We got to the restaurant and waited for Derris and Brandy, but they never showed. Jake made a fake phone call to Derris and came back saying they weren't joining us. So during dinner I suggested we go to Temple Square. Little did I know I was playing into his plan. By the time we were done with dinner, the gates on Temple Square were closed. So we headed to the Church Office Building - and at the fountain, he knelt down and asked me to marry him. I started laughing because he had completely caught me off guard and I said yes.

Who is more sensitive?
Me.

Who has more friends?
I don't know. I can't say we sit around counting them or anything.

Who has more siblings?
We both have 2 siblings.

Who wears the pants in the relationship?
Jake would say that I do because I do whatever I want to. Hmmm, he may be right.

I'm tagging Kim, Dorian and whoever else wants to do this!

1 comments:

Ginnie said...

Yay! Cute story! I don't think I've talked to you much about this, so it was fun to read!