I guess I like to torture myself once in a while... I took Wyatt and Travis to Kohls to look for some new clothes for the wedding this weekend. Ugh! What was I thinking?
I didn't even bother getting the cart with a stroller attached because I knew Travis wouldn't sit in it. Instead I got the little basket one, and Wyatt insisted on pushing it around. So while I was looking at dress shirts for Jake, Wyatt was dinking around with the cart and Travis went on an adventure of his own. After a few minutes we both realized Travis wasn't close by, so we started the hunt.
I started looking through all of the bedding aisles (because it was closest to men's wear) and calling his name. Wyatt started at the other end doing the same. We didn't hear a little giggle or anything. There was a lady in sleep wear that just couldn't quit giving me stink-eye. I wanted to yell, "So how long has it been since you went shopping with a 4-year-old and a toddler???" Instead I just smiled and kept searching. Finally after going up and down the aisles a million times, an older gentleman asked if I was looking for a little boy. He pointed in the direction of women's wear. Hello! That was a whole section further down the store. Luckily I saw a preschool mom that recognized Travis and stopped him until I could get there.
He looked a little worried - but not to the point of tears. And he didn't try to get out of my arms when I picked him up. So then we needed to find Wyatt (who was still looking for Travis too). We passed the same ornery lady in sleep wear calling Wyatt's name. I didn't hear a response. Shoot! I can't win for losing!!!!!!
Luckily I heard Joy (the preschool mom) telling Wyatt that I had found Travis. Finally we were reunited and we could continue our painful shopping trip. Oh yeah, and by the way, all of this happened in the first 10 minutes of entering the store!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Adventures in shopping...
Posted by Shanan at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Come to Vegas and I will babysit them for you while you shop!!! Glad you found him. :)
Oh man. I don't want any more kids. And not just cause of your story, but I think it sealed the deal! Ha. Can't wait for that to happen to me. Ugh.
Post a Comment