Monday, April 07, 2008

Barenaked Ladies

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the silly and fun music of the Barenaked Ladies.
Jake was flipping through the channels and happened upon a live concert somewhere...
they were singing Million Dollars.


Their music brings back floods of memories of the summer of 1997.
I think Chad and I about wore out our copy of Rock Spectacle -
it was on tape, so you could actually wear it out.
Ha, that makes me laugh that we listened to tapes then.

I was going to my internship in Kirtland Ohio that summer.
BNL made me quite happy lots of the time.
And then during winter semester 1998, my roommate Danielle and I won tickets from a radio station to see BNL in concert in Salt Lake.
It was awesome!!

3 comments:

Dzmura Family said...

LOVE BNL!! I was trying to count up how many times I've actually seen them in concert and came up with 5. One of my fav's!

shortino said...

i have nothing against them, but i have no recollection of any BNL tapes. did you make that up?

Shanan said...

OK, so maybe it just had million dollars on it now that I think about it. It was a tape that Brian's brother made for you. Remember that one? That would be the trip when the Jeep decided to break down in Wyoming. What great memories!!!!