Our front storm door doesn't latch when it shuts because the wind damaged the frame earlier this winter. So we always keep the door locked in order to keep it closed. Today when Brad came home from school, I unlocked the door and walked away so he could come in. Over my shoulder I reminded him to lock the door. Well, he didn't lock the door.
Ten minutes later I reminded him to lock the door. I continued doing what I was doing and then noticed that Travis wasn't close by. So I sent Wyatt and Brad on a hunt for him. They couldn't find him, so I retraced their steps... No Travis.
Of course the front door had been open, maybe he went outside. I looked out on the front porch, but he wasn't there. I fussed at Brad to put on his shoes and help me find him. We went in the yard and around to the back. There we found Travis half way down the slope in the yard. He had fallen down in the mud and couldn't get back up. He still had his shovel though!!!
I pulled him back up. It was raining and he didn't have shoes on. His clothes were covered in mud too!
Luckily he was safe and Brad learned a lesson in the importance of locking the door!
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Where's Travis?
Posted by Shanan at 7:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
wonder if travis learned his lesson too... probably should've worn his goggles in the rain/mud.
Nah, goggles are only useful for swimming, cutting onions, and water skiing.
Gotta love the "adventures", huh? They never cease to amaze me.
Post a Comment